Saturday 29 May 2010

Sooo cold...

Today is the first day since adopting my high raw diet that I have felt any negativity towards it. In general I am feeling much more energised than I had done, refreshed and I feel somehow 'light'; all very positive sensations. However, today, the sun has disappeared, the rain clouds fill the sky, and I am very, very cold! I started the day with my normal green juice (apples, spring greens, cucumber and lemon) and had a fruit salad for lunch (bananas, strawberries, honey mango and blueberries). And now I sit here shivering. I feel that another rebounding session might be in order to warm me up!

Maybe the whole green juice for breakfast and green smoothie or fruit salad for lunch isn't working for me on some level? Maybe I need to incorporate some sprouts, seeds or nuts into the morning/lunchtime menu (normally I am eating these in the evening with my main meal - Natalia Rose seems to suggest that the ideal daily plan is to start the day with 'light' meals and end the day with 'heavier' meals)? I must admit that during the day I feel fine and not lacking in energy, although by dinner time I do feel that I am missing something and have taken to making Ani Phyo's Coconut Breakfast pancakes some evenings, which I have with a banana. This tends to curb the hunger pangs, but I don't think its ideal to be eating late in the evening, or to be reliant on essential flax seeds, coconut oil, honey and bananas!

I am currently reading Detox your World by Shazzie, and Feel-good Food: A Guide to Intuitive Eating by Susie Miller and Karen Knowler, so maybe I will glean some ideas from these knowledgeable authors.

As an aside, in Shazzie's book she mentions the Five Tibetan Rites, which have intrigued me enough to start incorporating them into my daily routine. Basically the rites are a set of five simple exercises, based on an ancient technique, which are said to help to rejuvenate and energise, as well as calming the mind and strengthening the body. Although there are lots of references on the net to the basic exercises, I am going to order a copy of The 10-Minute Rejuvenation Plan: T5t by Carolinda Witt, as this book is said to offer modifications and adaptations to the exercises, which I feel I need (especially for number two, which I feel puts a strain on my lower lumbar region, so I am obviously not strong enough yet to do the exercise as is or doing something wrong). I have found Carolinda's blog and website extremely informative, and hope that with the help of the book, these exercises will help with my energy levels, as well as the change in diet.

Well, off for a spot of rebounding on my Bellicon to warm me up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment